Using your Slow Cooker makes this White Bean Chicken Chili Verde a cinch! Just toss in your ingredients, and let it simmer all day! Come home to a warm, filling bowl of soup!
This will definitely become one of our favorite soups this winter. It was super filling, extra tasty and required hardly any effort at all! Since this is a slow cooker recipe you just toss in your ingredients and go!
- 2 pounds chicken breast, fat removed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 fresh jalapeños, seeded and diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cans green chilis
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 2 cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 32 ounce container of chicken stock
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1½ teaspoons season salt, garlic salt or salt based cajun seasoning
- Place the chopped onion, diced and seeded jalapeno peppers, and minced garlic in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Top with Chicken breast and spices
- Add undrained cans of green chills and salsa verde
- Add the cans of drained and rinsed white beans and chicken broth.
- Let mixture simmer on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Before you serve, remove the chicken breast and shred, add the shredded chicken back to the crock pot.
- Squeeze lime juice into the soup and sprinkle season salt, stir, and let simmer an additional 20-30 minutes.